The X-Men are the most diversely powered superhuman group in fictional history, so it’s strange that their only spinoff is “White Guy With Knives, Twice.” He’s already come back from one unsuccessful movie that should have killed him off (Marvel may have confused superheroes with slasher movies). An angry man waving knives around isn’t a movie franchise, it’s your father carving Thanksgiving dinner.
If you want spinoff movies — and Marvel knows that every addition to the film franchise is at least $100 million, so they really do — the X-Men have more interesting characters than every soap opera in history fighting to the death inside a nuclear reactor. And the most moviegenic is Hisako “Armor” Ichiki. Armor is a badass girl with a robot suit made entirely of psychic special effects. There is no nerd money that combination of niches wouldn’t earn.
I love how we’ve all slowly grown up to be replicas of the antagonists in the TV shows we watched:
And of course, Moseby
Hey, let’s read some fanfics
lET’S NO T READ SOE M FANIF CS
self positivity is f*cking great!!! u think ur cool??? then ur cool!!! u think ur cute??? then ur hella cute!!! look at you go. so amazing
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
reblogging because this is important and because you mentioned Hugh Dancy and his ridiculous airport carpet obsession
No but really sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying.
This is excellent advise I must keep in mind.
Sleep Paralysis is, indeed, fucking terrifying (first-hand experience), so if it happened to you or to anyone you know and there’s a possibility it can happen again, read and share this.
I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS AND OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO. This is the very god damn reason I can’t sleep in the fucking dark. I’ve only had it once but that one time was all I needed to erase my long time in therapy and bring me back to step 1. I had no fucking idea what sleep paralysis was and the fact that it gave you hallucinations. So please, if you have debilitating horror triggers, READ THIS. PLEASE DONT SCROLL PAST THIS, YOU MAY NEED THIS.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE TWITTER INTERACTION OF ALL TIME
sorry i only date pokemon masters
ah yes finally a ice cream shop for me
WAIT BUT EUGENE IN THE BACKGROUND
i was labelling stuff today and this lady scoffed at me and i was like hi and she was like writing with ur left hand is immoral. its 2014 and someone actually said that to my face
Okay that’s great and all but what the fuck is with your URL
do you ever play a video game for so long you forget what the fuck is going on in the real world
#don’t be so melodramatic you were barely dead #i barely cried#i barely lost my future #i barely slept while you were gone #i barely brought you back to life #i barely kept my job #i barely love you (via jamestmccoy)
in group projects i either do all of the work or none of it there’s no in between
Page 1 of 3407